Money Claims Online
There’s a lot of stress and annoyance that comes with being owed money, regardless of whether it’s a business or individual that owes it, but there are a range of things that you can do to get a debtor to pay. One of these is making a Money Claim Online, but it’s not necessarily the most effective way of recovering money. Though Money Claim Online is designed to be quick and easy, it’s often quicker and easier to use a debt collection agency.
What is a Money Claim Online?
Money Claim Online is an online service for those who are wanting to make a monetary claim against another person, which helps you to avoid having to make a claim through the courts. It’s often seen as being a convenient, secure and simple way of claiming money, though it’s often a lot more time consuming and expensive than other methods. If someone owes you money, a Money Claim Online is one way of recovering it, but a debt collection agency is another.
You can make a Money Claim Online for fixed amounts of money that are less than £100,000, but only if the debtor has an address in England or Wales. If you are claiming for more than £100,000 there is a different way of doing things, and Money Claim Online isn’t an option. To claim money online, you will need a valid credit or debit card to pay the court fees. You will also need an address in the UK, an email address, access to a computer and access to the internet.
It’s important to note that you can’t jump straight into making a claim online. You need to send the debtor a letter before you make a claim, informing them of your plans and giving them a chance to respond. You will also need to ensure that your claim complies with the Ministry of Justice’s rules for ‘pre-action conduct’ before starting the process.
Request A Callback
The Downsides of Making a Money Claim Online
- Time Consuming – Making a Money Claim Online can be a time consuming process. It can take six weeks to process your claim online, and that’s only for simple cases. You should expect it to take up to six months if the debtor disputes what you are claiming, as a court hearing will then be required. The courts are currently experiencing a lot of delays.
- Costly – One of the major downsides of making a Money Claim Online is the cost. When you make a Money Claim Online, you need to pay a court fee to begin the process. The court fee is calculated on an individual basis, and the amount depends on the amount of money that you are trying to recover. This means that even if you win and the debtor repays what is owed, you will be somewhat out of pocket.
- Stressful – Though making a Money Claim Online is designed to be simple and straightforward, it can actually be a stressful task. Not only do you need to gather a whole host of evidence to support what you are claiming, there’s also the risk of the claim needing to go to court.
The Benefits of Using a Debt Collection Agency
- Expertise – As a debt collection agency, we specialise in recovering debts and our expert team is trained to handle various situations. At Cobra Financial, our expertise is hugely beneficial when it comes to dealing with difficult or complex debt recovery cases, and we ensure a professional approach to debt recovery at all times.
- Speed – Recovering debts can be a time consuming process if you use Money Claim Online, a process that can take your time away from other important tasks. By enlisting your debt collection needs to us, you can focus on other things, knowing that our experts are handling the recovery process, leading to increased overall efficiency.
- Success – There’s no guarantee of success with Money Claim Online, and some claims end up needing a hearing. We are experienced in negotiations and we understand the most effective strategies for recovering debts, which increases our success rate. Our expertise leads to impressive success rates, and little chance of you needing to go to court.
Does Money Claim Online Work?
There is no denying that Money Claim Online can and does work, but it’s not the right choice for everyone. Not everyone can claim money online, as there are some exceptions. For example, you can only use Money Claim Online if you are over the age of 18, and you can’t use it if you are eligible for legal aid. You also can’t use Money Claim Online if you are making a claim for compensation from an accident or injury. If you are eligible for Money Claim Online, there’s still no guarantee of it having a successful outcome, especially if the debtor wants to fight the claim.
Debt Collection is Quicker and Easier
Though Money Claim Online is an option, seeking the help of a debt collection agency is quicker and easier. Instead of trying to navigate the Money Claim Online process yourself, you can hand everything over to a team of debt collection experts. From tracing the debtor, contacting the debtor and visiting them face-to-face, we have a range of proven tools and techniques at our disposal. This enables us to recover funds efficiently and effectively, without the stress.
Use Professional Debt Recovery Instead
When it comes to recovering a debt, it’s usually best to seek the help of a debt collection agency. At Cobra Financial, we provide a wide range of debt collection services, including personal debt recovery, international debt recovery and business debt recovery. Regardless of who owes you money, we are on hand to help.