Debt Collection Agents- Here to help you
When you get paid, the sale is complete. But, when a customer doesn’t pay, they’re hanging on to money that is rightfully yours and you should ask for it. So, whether your business is large or small, if you are struggling to get back what is rightfully yours, get in touch with Cobra Financial Solutions.
While it seems obvious, hopefully you will have a routine system for following up non-payment that includes letter, email, and telephone. Be prepared to act more quickly if the amount is large or you are concerned about the customer, or better still, forget the hassle of having to sort it out yourself and call our debt collection specialists here at Cobra Financial Solutions and we will take care of chasing payments on your behalf. With many years of experience in the debt collection industry, we are well equipped to deal with the recovery of B2B accounts, getting back what is owed to you.
Take a look at the below list and see if you can answer yes to all of these questions?
- Did you agree the payment terms with the customer before you accepted their order?
- Are you sure the invoice is accurate and no dispute has been raised?
- Has the payment due date passed- whether it’s 1 day, 1 week, 1 month or longer?
- Has the customer confirmed receipt of the invoice?
- Do you have proof of delivery for any goods delivered or services supplied?
- Does the invoice say how and where payment should be made?
- Do you keep a record of all collection activity and the times you’ve been chasing payments? It will be vital later if you have to engage a third party
FOUR TOP TIPS TO RECOVERING PAYMENTS
- If the invoice is large, call the customer before the payment due date to make sure it has been received and there is no query; this is good customer service. If you would rather spend your precious time focusing on running the day to day running of your business, panic not. Let the experts help you. At Cobra Financial Solutions, our team of debt collection agents have a wealth of experience in B2B debt collection so get in touch to find out how we can help you.
- Make immediate contact when payment has not arrived, be assertive about what you expect and when you expect it, and make the consequences of non-payment clear. Follow up promises to make sure they’re met. Of course, if you’d rather not have to deal with the accounts side of things, get the experts in as soon as possible. Our debt collection agents have a wealth of experience in debt recovery are on hand to help get back your outstanding monies.
- If a customer persistently pays you late or makes excuses, check them out and consider whether you’re prepared to continue supplying on credit terms. It may be better to lose an order, or even the customer, than supply goods, not get paid and suffer a bad debt (when that happens you lose the goods and the money you’re due). In our experience, when an account understands you have a reliable and reputable debt collection agency on hand, they soon cough up and pay what’s owed. By having a professional debt recovery agency in the limelight, businesses soon realise that you won’t stand for overdue accounts, month on month and that’s great news for your cash flow.
- Try to get customers to pay by electronic transfer or Direct Debit to avoid waiting for the cheque to arrive. Not only are cheques rarely used as form of payment, they take time to arrive in the post and also time to process through the bank. Bank transfers or Direct Debits are a far quicker, reliable and traceable method of payment.